Louisiana State Representative Beryl Amedée, serves House District 51, which includes portions of Terrebonne, St. Mary, Assumption and Lafourche Parishes.
Elected in 2015, Rep. Amedée is a member of the Appropriations, Education, and Labor Committees. She was elected Vice Chair of the Republican Party of Louisiana and Vice Chair of the Legislative Women’s Caucus. She serves as a member of the Boards for the Louisiana School for Math, Science and the Arts in Natchitoches, better known as “LSMSA,” and Stella Learning Center in Houma, a school for children with Autism and related challenges.
Beryl is an ordained minister who serves as an assistant pastor at Vision Christian Center in Bourg. She and her husband John have 3 wonderful children and 6 adorable grandchildren. In October, they will celebrate their 37th wedding anniversary.
In her free time, Beryl enjoys running, gardening, fishing and drinking chocolate milkshakes.
• State Representative, Louisiana House District 51
• Life-long resident of Terrebonne Parish
• Small Business Owner
• Former Terrebonne Parish Council Member, District 4
• Former Parish Council Chair
• Former Zoning & Planning Commission Member
• Trained and Certified In Disaster Relief Strategies
• Ordained Minister, Member – Vision Christian Center
• Married to John, 37 years; Raised 3 Sons; 6 grandchildren
Legislative Committees, Caucuses & Delegations:
Labor and Industrial Relations
Atchafalaya Basin Program Oversight Committee
Joint Legislative Committee on the Budget
Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus, Vice Chair
Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation
Louisiana Rural Caucus